How to copy contacts from phone to SIM
A contact for a phone is extremely important. Most of us manage contacts on our phone well, by using the Contacts App on the your favourite android phone or iPhone and forget about it until the need arises to transfer the contacts either to another SIM or phone. The reasons why we want to import-export contacts could be many. But, it is always advised to have a safe backup for the contacts on the phone.
Having the contacts saved on the SIM, rather than on the phone is a wise option. There could be circumstances when we face problems with the device or we switch to a new device. This is when we usually head to export to SIM. Google is filled with various support forums that guide readers on how contacts can be copied into devices and out of them. There are indeed a good number of people who still search site after site for support and information on how to copy contacts or how to do import-export contacts from Android to SIM.
Let us read more on how to manage contacts on the phone and what are the ways in which we can copy contacts from Andriod phone or iPhone to SIM. This article focuses on giving you the right information for you to make the transfer. Let us head to the step-by-step guide.
Why do you need to transfer contacts?
There can be many reasons why a person would suddenly face the need to transfer contacts. While most people do this as a safety measure to have a backup, some people may have an urgency where a transfer of contacts can serve helpful.
Here are some reasons for us to consider.
★ Taking a backup of the contacts as a precaution if you lose the device or in case of damage to either the device or the SIM card.
★ Copy contacts to a new device.
★ Copy contacts to a new SIM card.
★ Copy contacts to another device to manage contacts on it for professional calls only.
★ Copy contacts to a different device to manage contacts on it for personal calls only.
★ Either of the above could be the reason why someone looks forward to export contacts.
How to transfer contacts from one phone to another?
Are you wondering how to copy contacts between phones? Well, it is fairly simple. You just need the right content or information to get the job done. After buying a new phone, follow these simple steps to effectively transfer contacts.
One way through which this can be done is by turning on the Bluetooth option on both the devices and then you begin to copy. You can have the content shared this way or you can choose to take a backup and then copy. Heading to the details…
Step 1: Sync the content from your phone to your Gmail account.
Step 2: Next, from the new phone, sign in to your Gmail account.
Step 3: Open, find and sync all data, inclusive of contacts.
Step 4: Now you can check that all the data has been transferred to your new phone. You can continue to add new data here.
How to transfer contacts from Android phone to SIM?
As discussed above, there are many ways in which this can be done. However, let us look into apps and software that are built into devices and make this easier and quicker. Here is more information on the same.
Via Contacts App
Storing contacts on your phone’s SIM card can be done using the Contacts app. This is one among the many apps that are pre-installed in your Samsung Galaxy android phone or any other android phone that you own.
1. To export contacts to SIM, first, open the Contacts app. Find the ‘More‘ option or select the three dots.
2. Search for the option to ‘Export‘. Some phones may have this marked as ‘Import Export‘. You can choose this.
3. You will be presented with the option to either export straight to your SIM card or to a .vcf file.
4. Remember, that with both options you can copy the contacts to your SIM card, but when you select
‘Export to SIM‘ you will get the job done quickly.
Via Easy Backup
You can download the Easy Backup app from Google Play Store, to carry out a transfer of contacts.
Step 1: To begin the process, tap on ‘Backup‘.
Step 2: To upload your contacts to the cloud, select ‘Tap to Upload‘.
Step 3: Download the app on the new phone, log in with the same details to copy your contacts to the SIM card of your new phone.
Step 4: Next, open Easy Backup and select ‘My Backups‘.
Step 5: Click on Cloud Backups and you can find what you want to restore.
Step 6: Click the Backup file. You will be able to see a preview of the contacts.
Step 7: Now you should select, ‘Tap to Download‘ and then click ‘Preview‘.
Step 8: You can either choose the contact you want to have on the phone’s address book or restore them all.
How to copy contacts from phone to SIM in iPhone
1. Find the settings menu on the iPhone and open it.
2. Go to the ‘Contacts‘ option and click on it.
3. Choose ‘Import SIM contacts‘ and select SIM.
Transferring contacts via Bluetooth
1. Go to the Contacts app on your phone and open it.
2. The top right corner will have the three dots, select on it to go to Menu.
3. Click on Share.
4. You can either select on the Contacts to be shared or opt for the ‘Select All‘ button.
5. Tap on Bluetooth and choose a paired device and make the transfer.
1. How to transfer contacts from phone to laptop?
Once you connect your phone to the laptop via a USB cable, search for the Contacts App and carry out the import.
2. How to move contacts from SIM to iCloud?
– Go to the ‘Settings’ app on your phone.
– Tap on your name and Apple ID at the top of the Settings menu. Select iCloud from the menu.
– You will find ‘Apps using iCloud’. Toggle the ‘Contacts’ switch to ON to initiate sync.
3. How to transfer contacts from the phone to SIM in Samsung?
The steps to carry out Import and Export of contacts from phone to SIM in Samsung phones are using the Contacts App like aforementioned in the article.
4. How to transfer contacts from SIM 1 to SIM 2?
– Tap ‘Contacts’ from the Home screen.
– Tap More.
– Tap Manage Contacts and Import Export Contacts.
– Choose the contacts to import and which SIM.
That’s a wrap on the article. Did you find each step clear and helpful on how import and export of contacts are done from Phone to SIM? Hope you found the information supportive and hope it would be helpful to make transfers easier in the future.
About the Author
Neha Tiwari, Member at Homezilla.in
Neha is the one who is aware of current trends and best practices in our desi community. She also helps and educates people looking for a solution to their problems via online. Her work has been published on countless blogs and notable magazines.